Steel structure building projects are more likely to have roof leaks due to installation and construction, elastic deformation, shock, industrial pollution, and weather conditions. Waterproofing is an integrated process. If any of these components of the system are compromised, such as design, construction, management, maintenance, etc., the project will suffer a leaking effect. This could cause the factory to be damaged or even destroyed. PayIn order to avoid unnecessary losses and leakages in steel structures factory buildings, it is critical to pay close attention to the condition of internal equipment.
1. Typical roof waterproofing materials and their characteristics
(1) Butyl rubber adhesive tape has been used in some projects, but it has an average effect, it easily loses adhesion at low temperatures, the construction quality of special parts is poor, and it is easy to leak water.
(2) most projects use acrylic waterproof coating for all-around waterproofing or sealing tape (also known as glue) or styrene-butadiene rubber sealing adhesive tape for node waterproofing.
(3) Other steel structure roof waterproofing materials include polyurethane, SBS membranes, and PVC roof waterproofing systems. The materials mentioned above are not suitable for long-term waterproofing of metal roofs, are easily corroded, and require a lot of maintenance.
2. When building a metal roof, what is the best waterproofing method?
As part of the metal roof waterproofing system, metal sheets are used as the roof material and the structural layer is coated with a waterproofing material. There are various roofing types, and the waterproof layer construction is convenient, which makes it easy to lay anti-corrosion and heat insulation layers, etc., as well as offering many advantages. But how can waterproof measures be taken when constructing a roof?
Check the metal roof carefully before construction to make sure it is firm, clean, free of rust, ice, and water. If any of these conditions are not met, the following actions will be taken:
① Replace the rusted firmware and add the new firmware;
② Sand the rusted area until it reveals a metallic color, then paint it with anti-rust paint.
③ Remove frozen objects, dust, clear water, and other debris.
B. You should waterproof the following areas on a metal roof: horizontal lap joints, vertical lap joints, fan ports, pipes extending out of the roof, air conditioning pipes, around solar panels, gutters, roof ridges, metal plates, and parapet junctions and screws..
C. Problems and countermeasures of steel structure roof waterproofing
① When installing roof panels, sometimes the roof panels connected by penetrating self-tapping screws will not leak. If a small square plate is added to the roof panel crest before tapping in the self-tapping screw, silicone glass glue is applied as protection.
② Sometimes hidden gussets leak more seriously, and they are hard to check after installation. In addition, the longitudinal joint of the roof panels, the flashing corner joint, the roof panels, and lighting tiles are suffering from water leaks. Other parts with water leaks are the ventilators, gas buildings, and gutters.
③ Some construction units omit the plug at the ridge, or the plug is not glued well during construction, and the roof ridge cover is not cut so that it can be inserted under the wind and rain, so it will not work in coastal areas! In addition, you can use self-made clamps on the roof gusset to tilt the trough upward at the ridge and tilt the trough of the hidden gusset downward at the inner gutter, which can also be used for reverse flow and waterproofing.